Friday, January 21, 2011


We were going to visit our mothers in assisted living today, then go to Coeur d'Alene for lunch. Didn't happen. I had to wait for the UPS truck to deliver my new insulin pump. I'd thought UPS delivered here in the morning (and FedEx in the afternoon), but the small brown truck arrived about 2 p.m. with a big brown box. Pump, infusion sets, insulin cartridges, and a couple of instruction books. My counselor will go over all of it Tuesday.

Weather forecasters predicted rain, and they were right. It started just as I was feeding the feral cat in our woodpile, and hasn't let up. My walk to the mailbox was icy, so I wore shoe cleats. The UPS driver confirmed that the roads were terrible, and said he'd seen several road accidents. I'm glad we didn't go; there's always tomorrow. No football until Sunday.

Don't know what I'm going to do about the Packers-Bears game. The local FOX affiliate is playing chicken with DirecTV over satellite-cast payments, and has ordered DirecTV to take FOX off the air in our market. Maybe radio, maybe a sports bar.

So, we're tucked in for the day with four sleeping cats (5 if you count Kerry). I'm working my way through George R.R. Martin's "A Storm of Swords," the third book in his "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. The fourth and final (for now) installment, "A Feast for Crows," is on my nightstand. I'm reading these at the same time as Sandy, an old college friend, but she's a book ahead. We both find the Imp the most interesting character. Looking forward to seeing Peter Dinkladge play him in the upcoming HBO series.

No comments:

Post a Comment