Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Interesting Animals I've Met at Charity Thrift Stores

Birdie

I lead a rather mundane existence, going out a few times a week, following a route from the Spokane Valley to Post Falls and then Coeur d'Alene, haunting charity thrift shops for goods to resell on eBay. Unlike restaurants, thrift shops allow well-behaved pets to walk the aisles with their people. Birdie, above, saved her master's life on his drive from Arizona to Idaho, furiously licking his face as he nodded off. "It's not our time to die," she whined in his ear.

Tiger



Horace (I think that's his name) can play dead if he feels like it.



This is the sister of Horace's owner with Lillian, who needs her claws clipped. Apparently, this brother and sister team make a day of shopping with their dogs.

Pixel or was it Pixie?

I forgot to ask this cutie's name
This part Doberman, part Brittany, wears a muzzle, removing worries from owner and shoppers


I should have written down this dog's name

Even parrots get out sometimes
When I mentioned my blog project to a young clerk, she told me I'd just missed the woman with the white rat wrapped around her neck. And sometimes a man with a ferret in a cage strapped to his chest makes an appearance. I can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god this is fabulous. I though I was going to see a bunch of weird knick knacks. I've been volunteering at a cat shelter and really enjoying it. I bet you might like doing that.

    ReplyDelete